Journal #1- Me (classwork 8/17)
Healthy Habits (classwork 8/15)
Journal #19- Loud Music
Journal #18- Proteins, Carbs, and Fats
JOURNAL #16- SPICY CHIPS ARTICLE
Anti-Drug Project (40 points) Due: Tues, May 2
ANTI-DRUG Project - 40 points Due: Tuesday, May 2
Choose 1 drug from the following list:
painkillers (ex. oxycontin, percodan)
depressants/sedatives/tranquilizers (ex. xanax)
stimulants (ex. ritalin, adderall)
anti-depressants (ex. prozac, zoloft)
DXM (cough/cold medicine)
weight loss pills
spice/K2 (synthetic marijuana)
crystal methamphetamine (speed)
Research the drug using books or any of these fact-based websites:
www.DrugFreeWorld.org (Tab- “Get the Facts”)
http://kidshealth.org/teen (Tab- “Drugs and Alcohol”)
www.drugabuse.gov (Tab- “Drugs of Abuse”)
You have 2 choices:
- a TYPED report (complete sentences are required)
- a POSTER (bullet points are recommended)
You must include the following 5 SECTIONS in your project:
1. BASIC INFORMATION
- What is it? (full detailed description)
- What does it look like? (INCLUDE PICTURES)
- What are other names for it (slang terms)? Include at least 5.
- HOW is it used or taken? (List ALL forms of the drug and EVERY way it enters the body)
2. SHORT-TERM EFFECTS
- What are ALL the immediate/short-term intoxication effects?
- How does it affect the body?
- How does it make you feel?
- What are the immediate health dangers? List ALL of them.
3. LONG-TERM EFFECTS
- What are ALL of the negative long-term health effects?
4. FACTS AND STATISTICS
- List 5 or more interesting facts or important statistics
5. REFERENCES (the books or websites you used for your research)
Include the following on your report or poster:
- Proper format (name, date, period #)
- 5 sections need to be labeled or titled
You will lose points for the following:
- Plagiarizing (copying sentences from books, websites, etc)
- Errors in spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
- Lack of neatness
- Lack of effort
- Late work