The attached file summarizes our attendance data as of today, October 01, 2018. Included in these data are the following analytics:
- Attendance Proficiency Rate: This metric analyzes our attendance data through the lens of our Performance Meter. In terms of attendance, in order for a student to be considered proficient, he/she can be absent no more than seven (7) days out of the school year. This translates to a 96% attendance rate. Looking at it another way, in order for a student to reach attendance proficiency, he/she can only be absent for one day out of every twenty five instructional days. The District goal is for 77% of all students to be in attendance 96% of the time. Our proficiency rate thus far is 80.8%, so we are on target!
- Our Chronic Absence Rate: This is the newest metric, and it forms part of the new California Dashboard. Students whose attendance rate is 91% or below are considered to be chronically absent. The District goal is to have no more than 9% of all students be identified as chronically absent. Our Chronically Absent Rate is 10.4%, so our Spartan Attendance Recovery Team is currently revamping its structure in an effort to decrease this rate.
- In-Seat Attendance Rate: Our in-seat attendance rate thus far is 97.0%.
- Month-to-Month Attendance, Two Year Comparison: Compared to last year, our attendance rates are on the upswing.
- In-Seat Attendance Rates by Grade Level: Note that there exist only slight variations within the different grade levels that compose our student population. This marginal deviation between the different grade levels (σ = 0.6819) reflects our school-wide attendance drive.
- Staff Attendance Submission Rate: Our Submission Rate is 100.0%! We have not has a single incident of unsubmitted attendance since September 17, 2015. That is remarkable! You earned that distinction!
- Staff Attendance Rate: An analysis of our staff attendance indicates that we are above the District goal. The District's target is to have 80% of our staff present 96% of the time. As you can see from the attached analytics, we are at 90%, which is ten percentage points above the District goal. We can do this!